In recent years, social media and digital devices have transformed marketing. Businesses are no longer depending on print ads, billboards, and radio advertisements. Businesses now reach their audiences via digital marketing platforms such as social media accounts, e-mail, and website content.
So, how can you join the bandwagon and take advantage of digital marketing without having digital marketing expertise? How will you know which digital marketing channels best promote your services or products?
Digital Marketing Channels Your Business Needs
This is amongst the most effective and easiest channels to use. This is because it consistently reaches potential buyers and regular customers. It is inexpensive and has been known to give a good return on investment (ROI).
- Clients are regularly updated on new promotions and products.
- Has a more personal feel as compared to other digital marketing channels.
- It is less intrusive as compared to texts and calls.
- When visitors subscribe to regular e-mails, they become regular visitors to your website.
- E-Mails are tailor-made to suit a specific customer.
E-Mail Marketing Tools
- Retails stores send receipts to their customers via their e-mail addresses and are thus able to add them to their subscription list.
- Offer promotions or coupons in exchange for emails when customers shop online.
- Request customers to create accounts using their email addresses before completing their purchases.
- Customers may prefer paper receipts to digital ones.
- Customers may fear giving out emails to avoid receiving many ‘unnecessary’ emails.
This channel is quite effective when it comes to promoting a business or product. SEO is the process through which websites and their content are optimized to give them higher visibility online. SEO depends on keywords on your business’s website or article. These keywords align with what consumers type on search engines. Businesses outsource the services of SEO experts to assist with establishing more traffic and reaching a broader audience.
- Visibility is optimized with organic, unpaid search results.
- Leads traffic to websites that have specific keywords.
- It changes with a customer’s changing demands.
- Helps to create and sustain online clientele.
- SERP simulator
- Bing Webmaster
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Moz Local Listing Score
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- Domain authority
- Link building
- Keyword ranking
It comprises product placement by organizations, companies, or people who are well known or have credibility on social media platforms. Individuals respond most to products when they are promoted by people they look up to or admire.
- Reaches a wider audience
- It’s mutually beneficial; businesses are exposed, and influencers are paid
- Businesses get to engage with users via direct messaging
- Customers can directly ask questions about sales, promotion, and products.
- Regular posting on social media platforms maintains online presence consistency.
- Determining the best way to market your products: paying influencers, ads, or simply posting content.
- Timing posts to match in-store and online promotions.
- Use direct messages to interact with potential o current customers.
- Social media channel’s algorithms sometimes make it difficult for users to see some advertisements or posts.
- Some influencers may not be admired by other users.
#4 Pay Per Click
This is almost the opposite of SEO. Here, businesses pay search engines to have their products advertised via PPC ads.
- Good revenue generation with great ROI
- It is mutually beneficial; customers get their products, search engines are paid, and businesses make a sale.
- Unbounce for building landing pages using specific keywords.
- Google Trends is used to research trending keywords.
- Ahrefs to research your competitor’s keyword bids and advertisements.
- SpyFu to track your competition’s PPC ads.
- Click don’t always convert to sales.
- Expertise and sales are required for successful PPC campaigns.
There are millions of users using messaging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Brands and businesses can reach a wide audience using international media group services. Instant messages make a powerful element for digital marketing campaigns.